Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sick Vids

Okay, you guys, let's have fun and laugh again, k? Here are two music videos that will surely make you forget about the awfulness of things for approximately seven minutes. After that you're left to wallow in personal and collective social despair. The videos have two things in common. The first is that they are both really really cool. The second is that they are both really really NSFW.

The first video is for "Ambling Alp," the first single off of Yeasayer's new album, Odd Blood. If you like Yeasayer, you'll probably dig this song. I've always been pretty so-so on this band, and this song strikes me as cheesy as hell. The lyrics strike me as something a 12 year old might come up with during a period of free-associative writing. This should come as no surprise if you look at the song name and album title, which could only have been decided on because the words "sound cool together." The video, however, is fucking rad.


The second video, on the other hand, is for the totally awesome second or third single (I'm not quite sure. All songs on this record are potential singles, and I think like 5 have been so far.), "Lust For Life," from the debut album, Album, by San Francisco's Girls. This is a band you should all be very familiar with by now, and no I will not shut up about them. The song is a short and sweet pop number about wishing things were different in one's life. The video is hilarious, and as NSFW as they come.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get it. "Lust For Life" is such a brilliant song, but the rest of the album was such a bummer for me. I'm listening thinking like... alright... I know a good ones coming up on song 6....

    I feel like 2009 was a really dry year for music, and the press had to dig deep and count on a lot of good will and imagination to keep delivering bands. At least Fall Be Kind was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dude singing into a dick is pretty much exactly what i hear when girls is playing..... so props to them nailing that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jeff and Brian, I'm so sorry for offending your delicate musical sensibilities, and will make sure to bring a couple of ice packs down to San Diego for yr butts.

    With Love,

    Wolfgar

    ReplyDelete