Thursday, March 25, 2010

Public Speaking Score

I've got my beefs with Obama, but god damn his words are sexy. I finally got around to watching his address to the Democratic members of the House of Representatives on the day before the health care reform vote, and he straight up killed it. The video is below. It's 30 minutes long, but I really recommend carving out some time to give the whole thing a look. The first 16 minutes he spends laying out the actual framework of the bill, which has been the subject of much speculation and flat out lies. After that he goes into serious inspiration mode, or what one prominent conservative non-thinker has called "all that hopey-changey stuff". The Lincoln quote he pulls out is a solid one, not just for capitalist politicians, but for all of you who are interested in a better and more just world; "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true."


And if you're looking for a more concise analysis of the significance of health care reform, Biden's got your back:

No comments:

Post a Comment