Friday, July 9, 2010

Here is a Marmot eating "cake" (a biscuit, really):



And the second point I wish to make is: what the fuck is going on with all of this basketball stuff? Like, two days ago, everyone was all walking around wearing "LeBron James is my Homeboy" shirts they bought at Urban Outfitters (Do those exist? Did I just make that up? Patent it, Einstein!), and now everyone totally hates him? Look, it seems to me that everyone who cares about such things is throwing around lots of big words like "loyalty", "morality", and "integrity", concerning a decision that has very little bearing on anything outside of professional basketball. This is stupid. Stop trying to make your jobs seem more important than they are, sportswriters. And as far as the general consensus that LeBron James revealed something unsavory about his character by announcing his decision on primetime television in some sort of unaware The Bachelor parody goes, yes, this is true. He revealed himself to be a public figure. Who lots of people inexplicably care so much about. He is a celebrity. Whether or not you want attention is the first question they ask you in Celebrity School. If you answer "no", go be a dentist, dork. Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

Finally, I'm leaving for tour soon. Will I be near your city? Check here, then let me know, then lets chill. I'm particularly lookin' at you, Sal.

1 comment: